Friday, March 1, 2013

Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
Reflected in You by Sylvia Day
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis: Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.
My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession.

Eva and Gideon are two extremely flawed people, completely understandable why, that's trying so hard to make their relationship work even with against the odds against them and that's the reason why I enjoyed them so much. I love that they have this love that's so fierce with passion they have for one another while at the same time brings out the deepest insecurities they have making them act out in the worst ways. In this book, Eva tries hard to get Gideon to finally open up about his past and sometimes it comes off pushy but I understand why since she has been nothing but an open book with hers and his reluctance to do so starts to push Eva away and I never understand why he wouldn't just tell her since it's obvious she can relate and she already sort of knows due to his nightmares. As always there are some steamy scenes with Eva and Gideon and I couldn't tell you a best one since they all are H-O-T!!! A very expected appearance, in my eyes, of a certain person happens and it leads to an incident that threatens Eva and Gideon potential happiness and ends the book with you wondering what could possibly happen next and I can't wait to find out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment