Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review: Blood of the Demon by Rosalie Lario

Blood of the DemonBlood of the Demon by Rosalie Lario
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis: Keegan lives to exact revenge on the evil demon who sired and abused him. When his father devises a plan to bring on the apocalypse, he and his three half-brothers, inter dimensional bounty hunters for the Elden Council, are charged with capturing and delivering their father for punishment.
Art gallery owner Brynn Meyers has no idea that her ability to read memories embedded in objects and drain people of their life force means she has demon ancestry. Unfortunately for Brynn, she's also the key to raising an ancient zombie army, which puts her on every demon's Most wanted List. And no one wants her more than Keegan's father. Keegan must protect Brynn from his father by any means necessary, but he'll have to learn to harness the other half his genetics-the far deadlier, uncontrollable half-when he starts to fall for the one woman standing between him and vengeance he so desperately seeks. the one woman he'll never be able to resist.

I have never really been a huge fan of 'I love you so much even though I just met you two hours ago' type books and this one was teetering on becoming one. Brynn just seem to forgot, well she remembered but she just didn't care, that Keegan kidnapped her, actually he punched her in the face to knock her out than kidnapped her, all cause she was too focused on the hotness of him?!? Mm right not buying it, she tries to escape but forgets it and surrender little too quickly for me, however I did kind of let that bit slide because the two of them were just too cute together. This book had multi POVs (Keegan sibs, their father, etc.) with the main two told from Keegan and Brynn, now I don't really like this majority of the time I prefer it to remain on at least two people  but it worked for this book cause at times it required to see what was going on while Keegan and Brynn were not around. I wished there was something more on Brynn's life instead of it being so heavily around Keegan's and his brothers cause Brynn background was interesting and I would have liked to read more about it. I also found Keegan resistance to Brynn dragged on too long for my liking but the chemistry(and yes sex scenes) between them was great. Overall, I think this was a great start to what I think will be a very entertaining series.



No comments:

Post a Comment