Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Review: The One (The Selection Series #3) by Kiera Cass

The One (Selection #3) by Kiera Cass

Stars: 

***IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST TWO BOOKS IN THE SERIES PLEASE DON'T READ ANY FURTHER TO AVOID SPOILING OF BOOK UNLESS YOU LIKE HAVING THINGS SPOILED THEN READ ON BUT YE HAVE BEEN WARNED!***

Synopsis: The time has come one winner to be crowned. When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants. 


The book picks up right where it left off in previous book with America and the remaining Selection girls vying for Prince Maxon and before I even started reading the book I came in expecting resolutions to answers I had since the first book well it's actually only about the rebels that keep attacking them. Who are they? What do they want? Are they looking for something more than the diaries in the Palace? Why did the girl bow to America in the woods? the list could go on and on but I think you get what I'm saying. My demands were answered but I think that it was kind of lame to be honest since it was so much hype about the rebels and then they turned out to be harmless well just the group you meet anyways. I think the author should have left them being the enemy cause it would have made it better reading but that didn't happen but I was curious on the other rebel group but you didn't get much info on any individuals just the group as a whole which I guess made them more menacing. Oh and the twist that America finds out later about a family member was shocking but completely unnecessary to me. I felt like it was just shoved in for shock value but all it did was raise questions that goes unanswered so it added nothing to the story and was pointless. One thing that I bothered me in the second book and I really hoped would end, since America made her choice with Maxon over Aspen, was her seesaw of emotions! One moment its 'I want Maxon forevermore!' then a paragraph later it's 'I'm not about this life! I want to go home!' I was over her doing that and was completely annoyed every time she did it. However, I did feel the growth of America and felt like doing a praise dance when she FINALLY accepts her possible new role she has to fill to be with Maxon. Of course it can't be a completely happy book so when the evadable truth of America and Aspen is revealed to Maxon the shizz hits the fan or Maxon does at least and boy oh boy I would never want to make him angry I'll say that. Pretty much after that it starts to move so fast you're trying to keep up with everything, more truths are revealed and then you start to wonder if Kiera just turned into J.K. Rowling because she is just slaughtering everyone in the book! Don't fret it does end on a lighter note and I was satisfied with the conclusion. Soooo all in all, after America finally stuck to one emotion, it was a good book to end the series and looking forward to read the next book, The Heir which is told by a new POV, in the Selection world.

No comments:

Post a Comment