Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Seven Years to Sin
Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The longer the resistance…
Seven years ago, on the eve of her wedding, proper Lady Jessica Sheffield witnessed a licentious scene no innocent young miss could imagine. Shocked, yet strangely titillated, she’d held her silence regarding scandalous Alistair Caulfield, and walked down the aisle as expected. But through years of serene, unremarkable marriage, Caulfield’s image remained burned into her imagination, fueling very illicit dreams…
                                 …the sweeter the reward
Alistair ran far from the temptation of the prim debutante with the fire of passion in her eyes–all the way to the West Indies. As a successful merchant, he has little in common with the rakehell youth she knew. But when newly widowed Jessica steps aboard his ship for a transatlantic passage, seven years’ worth of denied pleasures are held in check by nothing more than a few layers of silk–and the certainty that surrender will consume them both…


After I read another book (Crossfire Series) by this author and thoroughly enjoyed it I looked into her other books and since I'm a sucker for historical romance I decided to read this and I'm so glad I did. This story centers around Jessica and Alistair but with side stories told by Jessica's younger sister Hester and Alistair's best friend Micheal and oddly enough I found Hester story more intriging and that's all I will say on that cause I don't want to spoil the story for you. Jess and Alistair had such a great dynamic together and I think that it was a good move that the author let them be together years later when they both matured cause I don't think Alistair would have treated Jess just like another conquest and Jess most likely would not have been strong enough to go against her abusive father wishes. You see Jess finally stop caring about what's proper and, with the help of Alistair, become the sensual person she had longed to be in public and speaking of sensual boy oh boy those two sure did heat up the pages in the book but considering who wrote this book I don't have to tell you how good the sex scenes were because she never disappoints in that area. Even with the typical HEA ending, it still takes you on an emotional ride with all the characters and your disappointed when the story ends cause you want so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment