Thursday, February 14, 2013

Storm (Elemental, #1)
Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



 Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys all the ones she doesn't want. Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They're powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all.The storm is coming.




This was a surprisingly good read I thought it would be an overly sappy instant love type of YA book but it wasn't...well a little but still had a realisticness(is that a word oh well now it is) to teenage behaviors and situations. The POV is told thru Becca and Chris but I think I preferred Becca more cause Chris tended to make me angry due to acting like an overly sullen teenager and I really hated how he treated his older brother Michael, who I personally loved wish he gets more than the short story he had at the end of the book, when he was trying to help the best he could. Let's not forget the other members of the Merrick family, the twins Nick and Gabriel which I didn't like that Nick was just kind of there with no real personality that Gabriel obviously had. But this had the typical boy meets girl and girl meets another boy thus love triangle has been formed but it's really hard to say who is the better guy for Becca cause on one hand Hunter teaches Becca how to defend herself by teaching her Krav Maga, um can we say hotness, but then you have Chris that saves Becca when really needs it the most. I also found the suspense lacking when it came to disguising who the baddie was, I myself figured that out quickly, but still overall I enjoyed this to the point of being very eager to read next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment